10 Habits of Healthy Kids
(Based on the 8 Habits of Healthy Kids TM adapted with permission from
Healthy Directions and its "Healthy Children Healthy Futures" program)
These are habits that can help kids and their families "live their life" with energy, balance and action.
1. Be physically active every day.
Manténgase físicamente activo/a todos los días.
Promoted by us in January.
2. Turn off the screens and live your life!*
¡Apague las pantallas y vive tu vida!
Promoted by us in September.
3. Eat smaller amounts.
Coma porciones más pequeñas.
Promoted by us in November.
4. Drink water instead of soda or juice.
Tome agua en vez de soda o jugo.
Promoted by us in June.
5. Eat plenty of vegetables and some fruit every day. (August- Add some green to la bandera!)
Eat plenty of vegetables and some fruit every day. (February)
Coma suficientes vegetales y algunas frutas todos los días.
6. Eat less fast food.
Coma menos comidas de baja calidad.
Promoted by us in December.
7. Snack on healthy foods.
Meriende con alimentos saludables.
Promoted by us in October.
8. Switch to low-fat (1% or less) milk, cheese & yogurt.
Cambie para la leche, quesos y yogur bajos en grasa (1% o menos).
Promoted by us in April.
9. Get enough sleep and eat breakfast.
¡Duerma lo suficiente!
Promoted by us in March.
10. Do something healthy every day that makes you feel good.
Haga algo saludable todos los días que le haga sentir bien.
Promoted by us in May.
*Note that the second habit on limiting screen time (TV, computers,
video games) can also include promoting media awareness on the
mechanisms the food industry uses to promote products (beverages and
food) that are not part of an everyday healthy diet.